St. John’s Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) exists to:
- promote the education and well-being of all children at home, in school, and in the community.
- provide a forum for discussion and foster communication between parents, administrators, educators and the community.
- enhance the educational facilities and opportunities for the students of St. John’s Schools, that are not otherwise provided for in the school budgets.
- promote volunteer programs and resources for St. John’s Schools.
- sponsor projects and events for the benefit of St. John’s School students.
- raise funds as required to provide for all the above objectives.
More specifically, the members, committee leaders and executive officers work to the benefit of all students and faculty of St. John’s. Each year, these dedicated volunteers work to provide our school with volunteers and resources for the Mom’s Room, Festival, Book Fair, Catholic Schools Week Events, Back to School Open House, and more.
Each parent who has a student enrolled at St. John’s is a member of the PTO, and therefore encouraged to become involved with the organization. Elections for executive officers and committee leaders takes place through a nomination and election process during the months of March and April.
Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month during the school year in the school cafeteria. Discussion time starts at 6:45pm, with the official meeting at 7pm.