Skip to main content
Delphos St John

Counseling Department

The DSJ School Counseling Department is committed to helping prepare our students to enter the world with the faith and love of Jesus Christ that leads to a positive and productive life after high school graduation. We accomplish this through programming that includes individual and small group counseling and classroom guidance lessons focused on academic, career, personal, social, and emotional topics. We collaborate with teachers, parents/guardians, and community members to support our students' growth and development.

ELEMENTARY                                                                                        JUNIOR HIGH / HIGH SCHOOL    
Mrs. Lynette Haehn, M.Ed.                                                      Mrs. Alison Ross, M.Ed.        
Licensed Professional School Counselor                             Licensed Professional School Counselor
[email protected]                                                    [email protected]
419-692-5371 ext. 3003                                                           419-692-5371 ext. 4026
                                                                                                     419-879-6847 (fax)


Who is my student’s school counselor?
Lynette Haehn (Early Bird - 6th Grade)
Alison Ross (7th - 12th Grades)

Do students have access to a mental health counselor at school?
Yes, DSJ has partnered with Westwood Behavioral Health. Please contact Mrs. Haehn if you would like a copy of the application. There is no cost to participate.

How do I check my student’s academic progress?
Our school uses ProgressBook an online student information system where students and parents can access grades. If you need assistance with your students account, please contact Mr. Jeff Bockey, Director of Technology, at [email protected].

How do I set-up a Parent Teacher Conference?
We know that student’s thrive when there is a positive school and home relationship. Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled after the 1st Quarter; however, we encourage our families to reach out directly to the teacher anytime of the year to discuss their child’s progress.

My student has a medical diagnosis that impacts learning. Who do I contact to discuss these types of concerns?
Families are always welcome and encouraged to contact the grade level counselor when trying to initiate an academic success plan.


Where can I find general information about High School, including but not limited to Graduation Requirements, College Credit Plus, Financial Aid / Scholarships, Career Exploration?
A comprehensive list of high school requirements and programs can be found in the Junior High / High School Handbook and the DSJ Students and DSJ Parents section of our website. The most up-to-date information is typically posted to the Class’s College & Career Readiness Google Classroom. Please contact Mrs. Ross if you have questions.

Is my high school student allowed to attend college/military visits or job shadowing during the school year?
While we hope our families plan to take advantage of non-instructional time to schedule college and career exploration visits (Saturdays, school breaks), we know there may be opportunities that must occur during the school day. The Junior High-High School Handbook outlines all attendance policies, including college and job shadow visits.

When should my senior apply to college?
It is best practice to apply to college between August - November of the student’s senior year. By prioritizing the application process, seniors will have time to focus on applying for scholarships. Selective colleges have Early Action OR Early Decision deadlines. The Common Application Dictionary defines the many terms on the college application.

Is there a preferred college entrance exam (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer)?
Every college has its own application criteria, however, ALL colleges in the United States accept the ACT or SAT. Some colleges will also superscore where they review all tests submitted and take the top score from different subjects. The Accuplacer is oftentimes used at a 2-year college as a course placement test.

When do you recommend my student take a college entrance exam?
We recommend students take the ACT or SAT during the second semester of their junior year (typically after they have completed or are enrolled in Algebra 2). The ACT and SAT are offered at least 7 times per year and many schools now offer these tests during the school day. Delphos St. John’s will typically administer the ACT during the school day to all Juniors in March. Click the appropriate link to be directed to the ACT or SAT websites.

How will my student know about local scholarships?
Most of our local scholarships are specifically for seniors. These scholarship applications are updated and located in the Senior Class Google Classroom. Please reach out to your student’s counselor if you need a copy of the spreadsheet or Google Classroom Join Code.

Please tell me more about Financial Aid and the FAFSA.
Financial Aid is what helps student’s pay for college and includes grants, scholarships, and different types of loans. The FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the online application to determine if a student qualifies for state and federal aid. DSJ will host a Financial Aid Night and FAFSA Completion Night each year.  

I am a DSJ Alumni and need a copy of my transcript and/or an educational verification.  How do I request this information?
Once a Blue Jay, Always a Blue Jay! We are here to support our graduates. Please contact the high school at 419-692-5371 and request to speak with Mrs. Ross or email at [email protected].
© 2024. Delphos St. John's Parish. All Rights Reserved.
School CMS Created by LINQ